Ok, so I appear to have a dilemma! Having been blessed with having a baby (who is not quite 6 months old yet) I have a real drive to have more! Now! But before James reads this and panics (well, that won't happen anyway, because he knows all about these thoughts of mine), I should say that the other half of my brain is saying "No! Enjoy getting your body back!! Enjoy your little boy for a bit longer before more come on the scene. Enjoy the ease of having just one child to care for, for just a bit longer!!". Oh, and there is that other side to me too: the social sciency side. The researcher! Interestingly, despite any allure of status in my career, despite the morning/all day sickness, despite uncomfortable nights in the later stages of pregnancy, despite enduring a long and very painful labour (has my mind really blocked out just how OUCH it was?!), my soul
yearns to do it again! What's that all about?! And before people go watching me closely to see if I get pregnant soon ... no need to do that. My soul may yearn for it, but my brain (and husband) are fully engaged and will have me waiting a little longer (and besides, it took us nearly 2 years to get Wesley, so who knows what our future holds!). I'm just having a little chuckle over the irony of it all :)

My boys hanging out!

Wesley @ 5 months
No comments:
Post a Comment