Before I had a baby I would wonder (when I was sick) 'how will I look after a child when I'm sick?'. We all know what it's like. You feel so crappy and it's hard to imagine just how you will care for anyone else when you just want to hide under your doona for a few days until you're better. Well, it seems that you get by - somehow! Now that I have one child, I 'm thinking 'how will I care for MORE than one child when I'm sick?!'. Well, according to my sister-in-law who has two boys "you just do!".
What else? I've been reading Philip Yancey's "The Jesus I Never Knew" and "Prayer: Does it Make any Difference?". It has been interesting reading and has helped me to re-focus on exactly who Jesus was. It's so easy to lose sight of that, which is insane considering a Christian is supposed to be a 'follower of Christ'!! It's reminded me about how loving God is and how forgiving He is. After all, He created us to be in relationship with Him - he didn't create us to sit up there on His throne and remind us how screwed up we are ... just waiting to zap us from Heaven. And the book on Prayer has been good too. I'm not quite half way through, but so far I have been relieved to read that I'm not the only one to struggle with prayer time. It's helped me to understand prayer more broadly. Rather than setting aside a time to pray (because, unlike John Wesley's quote in my "quote of the month", it can be hard for me to set aside a block of time at the moment), I'm in a mindset of chatting to God throughout the day. Thanking Him for things that come into my mind, and praying for people that come into my mind too.
Anyway, as you can see, this blog is just a few random thoughts. I have lots of thoughts brewing (!) at the moment, but no time to sit and blog any longer today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment