Thursday, 22 November 2007

Seven Years!

In a few days James and I will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast those years have gone! Actually, come April next year we will have been together for 10 years. We've done heaps of things together in all those years - lived overseas, built a house, moved house, completed our studies and had a baby etc etc etc. Some people have commented that we were quite young to get married (I was 21 and James was 22), but I guess you can't always control when you're going to find the right person! It's been a blessing to have built our life together and shared all the travelling experiences etc before having Wesley.

We had just over 6 years of marriage before Wesley came along and in that time we largely enjoyed the freedom of not having children, but are now thoroughly enjoying our new role as parents. James is probably still trying to get used to sharing my attention - he kind of gets what's left over of my energy and attention at the end of the day!! I'm sure that's not ideal, but I'll work on it! As with any long-term commitment, we have our moments of disagreement, but have never actually fought over stuff. Those that know us well know that we can sniggle and growl at each other -but at the same time we get along amazingly and trust each other entirely. On the big matters we are in 100% agreement (our faith, our morals, the way we want to raise our children etc). We generally share a similar sense of humour, but there are still many times when James will be giggling like a school-girl at something and I'll be looking at him blankly! Ah yes. Celebrate the differences I say! While I'm not one for romance or mushy stuff (eww) I will say that I find James even more attractive now than when we first met. Like a top quality wine, my man is getting better with age! And as I see him take hold of fatherhood with such enthusiasm and joy ... yep, trully awesome. I'm really looking forward to the years ahead of us ......

2 comments:

Ross said...

As someone who has known you both from those early days at the Seaspray camp and our cell group with the Sacristanis, and who was also at your engagement party and wedding, it would be remiss of me not to congratulate you both.

Belinda said...

Thanks Ross! Gee, those things bring back memories ... Seaspray camp and our first small group with Sac's! Very good memories for sure. I guess that means we have known you for 9 years! We are both very appreciative to still be in contact with you. You are a valued and much loved friend :)