
James and I went to see Shrek 3 a couple of weeks ago (Wesley spent part the day with his Nanny and Pa). I was going to put together my thoughts regarding this film, but James has done it nicely on his blog, so here's what he thought (endorsed by me!):
Well I wasn't quite sure what to expect with Shrek the Third, since it had only achieved a disappointingly low 41% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.com
Well, I'm very pleasantly surprised to report that, in my opinion, the critics are well off the mark on this one. There's plenty of life left in this franchise yet. I really enjoyed this movie, it delivered many great laughs, the script was tight, the fairytale world was imaginatively rendered, and there were an abundance of parent-oriented 'in jokes' that left Belinda and I sniggering while the kids in the cinema sat by oblivious.
Kudos to the gentleman two rows behind us who made a sensational quip during a key scene, where Shrek and Fiona were lying exhausted on their bed after a hard day of looking after their adorable little ogre children. Your heartfelt comment "bloody kids are hard work..." had such impeccable comic timing that it left Belinda and me crying with laughter for minutes.
James' Rating: 4 stars ****

1 comment:
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment