Thursday, 5 July 2007

Time for the simple things

I was playing with Wesley today and found myself, yet again, taking lots of photos and playing with him on the floor. It got me thinking ... life can get so crazy (especially when there is a baby in the household) that it's so important to allow time for the fun and silly things. I suspect that having a child will encourage that (I'm sure many mums find themselves lying in the floor and playing with their baby or pulling weird faces to make them laugh). But at the same time, life can get so busy that it's easy to forget the simple and fun things. It can be really hard sometimes to let things go and muck around with your baby (or, if you don't have a child, just let go and have some fun for the sake of it). It's especially hard when you're not feeling 100% yourself.

I've had a cold for the past couple of days and Wesley seems to have one too. So that made it hard to relax and enjoy the days because I was feeling awful. Plus, I was so tired because Wes kept waking up every couple of hours grizzling on Tuesday night - and the following day (yesterday) didn't have great sleeps during the day. (It took me a while to figure out what the problem was with Wes, given it was unlike him to be that unsettled). Oh, and he was chucking up a bit after each feed. Nice. Very unusual for him. Not only did all this make me feel tired, but I found myself getting very grumpy! Grrrr!

ANYWAY, all is ok now - thanks to a chat with mum and some panadol (for Wes!). Wesley slept well last night and today was a much better day. I finally felt like getting down on the floor again and pulling silly faces at him to make him smile. That was the best fun!! Even if you don't have a child to bring out that child in you, I encourage you to find some time to have some fun ... just because you can.

2 comments:

Ross said...

Nice beanie and jumpsuit.

Belinda said...

Thanks Ross. Yes, I think the beanie and jumpsuit are cute. I really enjoy picking out clothes for the little man to wear!