Monday, 30 July 2007

Amazing Grace

We're going to see Amazing Grace this week, so I thought I'd post the trailor. I'll update this post after I've seen the movie with my thoughts. I welcome your thoughts if you have seen it. This film is said to be fantastic. In short:

Amazing Grace, is based on the life of antislavery pioneer William Wilberforce. He was a Member of Parliament and navigated the world of 18th Century backroom politics to end the slave trade in the British Empire. Elected to the House of Commons at the age of 21, and on his way to a successful political career, Wilberforce, over the course of two decades, took on the English establishment and persuaded those in power to end the inhumane trade of slavery. www.amazinggracemovie.com



1 comment:

James Garth said...

It rates 71% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. That's pretty a pretty tidy score!