I was watching "9am with David & Kim" this morning (channel 10) and they were discussing the issue of sexualising children's clothing and all the sexual images out there on billboards etc for our kids to see.
It was good to see one mum (Julie Gale) who is trying to do something about it. I don't know about you, but it gets me a bit cross when I go into Target and other stores and see all the slinky clothing (mainly for girls). Why do children need g-strings, bras etc? Why are children posing in more 'adult' ways when advertising kids clothing? Marketing 'geniuses' have a lot to explain.
Although I don't have a daughter, it still concerns me that Wesley will be growing up with all this in his face. It will be up to James and I to counter such counter-productive images. Kids just need to be kids!!! They shouldn't be forced by society to grow up to quickly.
Anyway, you can check out the following website to read more about it "Kids Free to be Kids". It explains the issue and provides ways for you to do something about it: http://www.kf2bk.com
Thursday, 19 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment