Wednesday, 29 August 2007

I love the 'mute' button

Has anyone noticed that the advertisements on television are louder than the program you were watching? This is a 'pet hate' of mine and it annoyed me so much this morning that I decided to vent here about it!! Don't advertising companies (or television stations?) realise that making the volume louder on TV ads will only encourage people to 'mute' the ads anyway? And thus not listen? It's annoying generally, but there are some ads that particularly make me dive for the remote ... you know the ones ... usually those clearance/liquidation sales where the voice-over guys YELLS at you and talks really fast - thinking that this will get your attention. Well, yes, it does get my attention. So much so, that I dart for the remote to 'mute' the ad as soon as I see it start!

I feel better now :)

No comments: